Photo

What Version of the GPS Map Should I Select?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GPSeTravelguides

GPSeTravelguides

Explorer

• Administrators
  • 431 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

What Version of the GPS Map Should I Select or Install?

From the drop down you will need to choose a version of the GPS map that you would like to purchase or install.

Attached File  GPS Map Versions.png   47.19KB   19 downloads

There are 3 different GPS map versions that you can purchase or install - 

1. Download - Need to select Microsoft install or Apple.

You can download the GPS map right after purchase. We provide easy to read line-by-line instructions on how to install the GPS map. This is a self install which will take a few minutes. However, at checkout you can upgrade to advanced phone installation if you would like a helping hand to install the GPS map download. 

"If I want to download the GPS map, then what version of the GPS map download should I choose"?

If you have a computer that runs Microsoft Windows then select  - Download Garmin GPS Map - Microsoft Windows Install. You will use your Microsoft Windows computer to upload the GPS map to your Garmin device. 

If you have a computer that runs an Apple operating system then select Download Garmin GPS Map - Apple Install. You will use your Apple computer to upload the GPS map to your Garmin device. 

2. microSD™/SD™ Card -

No Installation of the GPS Map is required. The GPS map is installed on a microSD card by a GPSeTravelguides technician, then it is shipped to your front door. All you will need to do is slide the SD card into your Garmin device. The microSD card is compatible with virtually all Garmin GPS devices. The microSD card is a good option for those that do not want to install the GPS map or have time before leaving for a trip. Domestic shipping in the US takes 2 - 5 business days. International shipping outside the US takes about 5 - 10 business days. 

All Garmin GPS maps downloads and SD cards are compatible with ALL Garmin devices > 

nuvi, eTrex, Edge, GPSMap, Dakota, Montana, Oregon, StreetPilot, & zumo.

The Garmin GPS Maps -

• Instant download
  • Compatible with all Garmin GPS units
  • Supports virtually all languages
  • No cellular data fees
  • Cheaper than renting a GPS unit
  • Will not delete your current map
  • Installs in minutes
  • Instructions provided
  • Upgrade to micro SD card with converter (no installation required)

If you have any further questions then please leave a comment below and we will be glad to provide further details. 

• Edwardhob and RonSart like this

#2 allan caballero

allan caballero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

well explain, but I have bought , a up day for mi Nicaragua GPS, IT WILL BE SEND TO ME IN A MIGRO SD CARD, HOW CAN I UP DAY IT, WILL YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN, BECOUSE I HAVED PAY FOR THE UPDATING SERVICE, ALREADY WHE WILL YOU UP DAY MY NICARAGUA GPS SD CARD ?

.THANK FOR YOUR TIME ALLAN CABALLERO. PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW I CAN UP DAY IT AND WHEN TO MY SD CARD THANK YOU....... 

• Edwardhob and RonSart like this

#3 Michael Burr

Michael Burr

Explorer

• Administrators
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

Hello Allan, 

If you order the SD card version of the Garmin GPS map >

1. There is NO installation except sliding it into your Garmin device. 

2. It is compatible with ALL Garmin devices > nuvi, eTrex, Edge, GPSMap, Dakota, Montana, Oregon, StreetPilot, & zumo.

3. Yes, It is compatible with all Garmin GPS navigation models - please see #2.

4. Fast shipping - US, Canada, Europe, Central America, Australia, Asia, Middle East - we ship everywhere fast! 

Digital Download of the Garmin GPS Map

1. All Garmin GPS maps download are compatible with ALL Garmin devices > nuvi, eTrex, Edge, GPSMap, Dakota, Montana, Oregon, StreetPilot, & zumo.

2. Yes, It is compatible with all Garmin GPS navigation models - please see #1.

3. Easy to install. 

4. Instant download at checkout.

5. We provide easy line by line install instructions. 

6. Will NOT delete your current map. The map sits side by side with your other maps. 

7. You will have plenty of space on your current Garmin device to install it to the internal memory. 

All Garmin GPS maps downloads and SD cards are compatible with ALL Garmin devices > 

nuvi, eTrex, Edge, GPSMap, Dakota, Montana, Oregon, StreetPilot, & zumo.

The Garmin GPS Maps -

• Instant download
  • Compatible with all Garmin GPS units
  • Supports virtually all languages
  • No cellular data fees
  • Cheaper than renting a GPS unit
  • Will not delete your current map
  • Installs in minutes
  • Instructions provided
  • Upgrade to micro SD card with converter (no installation required)

• Edwardhob likes this

#4 Emily Mangen

Emily Mangen

Adventurer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

I am will be traveling in a few weeks. I am going to download the Costa Rica GPS map.

Questions > 

1. Does this include all of Costa Rica?

2. Will it delete my current US map?

3. How much space do I need?

4. Is it easy to install?

5 Do I need a separate SD card if I am going to download?

Thank You,

Emily

#5 Michael Burr

Michael Burr

Explorer

• Administrators
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

Hello and Good Day Emily,

I will answer your questions here > 

1. Does this include all of Costa Rica?

Yes, the Costa Rica GPS map for Garmin devices includes all of Costa Rica.  

2. Will it delete my current US map?

No, it the Costa Rica GPS map for Garmin will not delete your current US GPS map for Garmin. It will sit on the same device with no issues.

3. How much space do I need?

You will not need to worry about how much space. Each Garmin comes with enough space to install the GPS map onto the Garmin device. We provide the spftware to install it. Or you can upgrade to an SD card and have the Costa Rica GPS map sent to you. 

4. Is it easy to install?

Yes, it is very easy. To put it simply, if you can read instructions then you can install the  map in minutes. If you do not want to read very easy line by line instructions then again, we offer an SD card option where you do not have to install. A lot of folks prefer to have the SD card sent to their front door. 

5 Do I need a separate SD card if I am going to download?

No, you do not. There is enough space on your Garmin device to install it onto your Garmin device. But again, if you do not like to install, then we offer an SD Card where all you need to do is slide it into your Garmin device. 

I hope this helps Emily. Have an amazing journey in Costa Rica. May I suggest surfing in Mal Pais ;) 

Michael - gpsEtravelguides

#6 Emily Mangen

Emily Mangen

Adventurer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:43 AM

Thank You... Thank You!

I chose the download option. 

I downloaded everything and installed the GPS map onto my Garmin using the directions. Very easy peasy ;) 

You are the best Michael! 

Looking forward to Costa Rica! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users